Monday, August 10, 2009

Back in the Burg

As some of you have noticed, I haven't written in a while. I know, I know shame on me. It's not that I don't want to write...it's just that life happens. Plus, I'm not much of a writer. I prefer talking (ha! doesn't every woman?). Anyway, my last weeks in nyc were just as wonderful as the first ones, albeit much drier. I can't believe how many fun outings I stuffed in to two weeks. Let's see....where should I start?

I managed to make it to Rockaway Beach in Queens a few days before I left. It was gorgeous - the perfect sunny day. It took me a while to get there, almost an hour and a half, but it was worth it. Even though it is located in Queens, I had to take the 7 train into Times Square and then transfer to the A train and stay on the A all the way down Manhattan, through Brooklyn, and finally to Broad Channel where I had to transfer to the Shuttle. It was quite a long trip, but I read my book, Eat Pray Love, the whole way there. The only thing was the disregard some other beach-goers had for their neighbors. There were numerous boom boxes (do people still call them that??) blaring their individual radio stations at levels that could have been disturbing to others. However, the beach was clean and the water was lovely, and most importantly, I didn't feel uneasy leaving my beach bag on the towel while I was happily cooling off in the waves. Check! Day well spent.

...more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment